Thursday, July 2, 2015

First Sight of Yale

         saaaa
Tough Time on the Airplane
   Beautiful Night Scene on the Airplane

     After a long energy consuming flight of about 16 hours, I finally arrived at JFK at 5 o'clock am.
Cloudy Weather

     My first impression of NYC is  cold. I thought it would be hot like 30 celsius degrees or more. But the weather was rather cloudy, and the ground was still wet. It may have rained before.
Our Shuttle Reservation
There were not many people in the airport for it was only 5 o’clock in the morning. Our shuttle reservation was cancelled because of the flight delay. It took me some time to ask for a new shuttle. Furthermore, it was quite difficult for me to explain where Yale is to the Indian driver.
      The driver was nice but the price was really high. Actually the price itself was fair but we paid a lot of tips which is quite different from China. We were not sure about how much we needed to pay to him and there was a sign saying"20%tips" so we paid a 20% tips. I wonder if it's the common price we need to pay? Transportation is not so expensive in China. And we don't tip anybody except for a really luxury place.
     Eventually we arrived at Yale. But it was still too early. We were in trouble finding the right place. Fortunately, the staff here was really nice.A young lady took us to Morse and got the counselor for us. I am impressed that Americans are friendly and warm-hearted.
     What’s more, it’s convenient to shop here although still expensive. Shopping can be difficult for me because of the lack of vocabulary. But I will prepare well enough next time.    
Things are brand new here. I need to deal with things like the shuttle and shopping all by myself, so it's quite challenging. But I love challenges, in struggling I can learn more and experience more. For example, I’m don't have a good sense of direction. So it’s confusing to look at the map. But while getting into the wrong ways, I encountered many splendid buildings. And I became more familiar with the campus.  So now I could get to the destination much more easily and quickly than before.


Yale is really big and the environment is pictures cal, especially when I wake up in the morning the scenery outside my window is so beautiful and peaceful. It really makes me feel fresh and cozy. As you know, buildings in China are tall and crowded; such small and exquisite structures are rare and I really love them.

FIRST SIGHT OF YALE


Fresh cold morning
brand new thing
challenging but exciting
enjoy it while struggling
too much to explore
too much to experience
can not wait
opening a new page!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment